Re-opening restrictions and guidelines
You must pre-register to attend a service
1. While churches are now allowed to admit up to 100 people at a time (including volunteers and clergy), the way they have to be seated restricts the actual number of people that can come to a service. Each pew may only accommodate one bubble, and every second pew has to be blocked off to allow for spacing. This limits our capacity to 20 bubbles. If 20 individuals from 20 different bubbles are the first to register for a service, then we will only have 20 people at that service. If 20 families of 5 people each are the first to register, then we would have 100 people at that service. In both cases, the number of bubbles does not exceed 20.
2. Everyone wishing to attend a service MUST pre-register by calling one of the Registrars. The Registrars change on a weekly basis. As such, the phone number of the appropriate Registrar will be left on the church's answering machine at 895-2215.
3. Registration takes place each week from Monday at 9 am until Friday at noon by phone only. We will not be taking registration at the end of any of the services.
4. Parishioners must register each week, and cannot register for multiple weeks at a time.
5. When registering, you must provide your name, phone number, and the names and phone numbers of those who will be attending with you and sitting in the same seat with you. It is strongly recommended that you all arrive at the church at the same time.
6. You will be asked screening questions when you register.
7. Unfortunately, due to public health concerns, we cannot accept people who have not registered, regardless of the amount of space available in the church.
Arriving at the Church
1. Masks are required in all public indoor spaces, including our church. Masks must be worn by all persons with the exception of those under the age of five, as well as those with medical conditions which prevent them from wearing masks.
2. You will enter the church via the door next to the gym (across from the large kitchen) instead of the main entrance. Before entering, you will be asked if you have registered. If you have not, you will unfortunately not be admitted.
3. Once you have been admitted, you will be asked to sanitize your hands and proceed to the registration desk down the hall.
4. It is extremely important to follow the markings on the floor to ensure that you maintain social distancing between the person in front of you.
5. After having your name checked off on the registration list, you will proceed towards the church and wait behind the double doors to the church until one of our greeters escorts you and your bubble to your seat.
6. Once inside the church, please be aware of the signs posted as well as the arrows on the floor, indicating which direction you are allowed to walk in each aisle.
During the Service
1. All parishioners are asked to stay in their seats once they are seated. Should you require assistance during the service, or need to go to the washroom, please raise your hand, and one of our greeters will escort you. Our goal is to restrict movement as much as possible.
2. Once you are seated, you may remove your mask. However, you must put your mask back on for the singing of hymns.
3. The collection plates will not be passed during the offertory. Instead, they will be left on tables at the back of the church. We encourage you to place your offering in these plates as you enter.
4. Communion will be distributed in one kind only (the bread). The congregation will not come to the communion rail. Instead, Rev. Amanda will bring it to each of you in your pew.
Leaving the Church
1. The dismissal will be done in an orderly fashion, with the greeters informing the people in each pew, from back to front, when it is their turn to leave.
2. In order to maintain physical distancing, there will unfortunately be no socializing at the back of the church.
What if I can't make it to church?
Since March, we have been broadcasting our services on Facebook. This will continue this practice for those who prefer to take part in this way.